Brennan moved to Morinville from his hometown of Yarmouth, Nova Scotia in 2004.
In the 2013 Alberta Municipal Elections, he became the youngest elected official in the province and the youngest ever elected to Morinville Town Council at just 19.
Beyond his Council duties, Brennan is actively involved in his community, serving as Vice-President of the Higher Grounds Community Support Society, a non-profit dedicated to supporting charitable organizations and at need families and individuals within the Morinville area.
Brennan also serves on the board of interVivos, an Edmonton based non-profit that seeks to increase the awareness of critical issues and provide young leaders with the inspiration, skills, knowledge and opportunities to become advocates in their local community.
He is a recipient of the 2012 Premiers Citizenship Award, as well as the 2015 Youth Service & Entrepreneurial Award.
Facebook: Brennan Fitzgerald, Morinville Town Councillor
Councillor Fitzgerald represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Agricultural Pest Act Appeal Committee
- Assessment Review Board Member
- Capital Region Board Executive Committee
- Capital Region Board - Land Use and Planning (Alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Transit, Governance
- Chamber of Commerce - Morinville (Alternate)
- Emergency Management
- Enbridge Northern Gateway - Community Advisory Board (Alternate)
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee (Chair)
- Morinville / Sturgeon County Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission Member
- Regional Tourism Action Plan (Alternate)
- Sturgeon River Watershed Alliance
- Tawatinaw Community Futures (Alternate)
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee