Councillor Lawrence Giffin and his wife Donna own a local business and live here in Morinville along with our family.
Lawrence was born in Saskatoon and has lived in several places from the south shore of Nova Scotia to the north coast of British Columbia. Lawrence has a broad education and experience base as an Electrician, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Instrumentation and Data Communications. His specialty has been as a systems analyst where he found solutions to a variety of process and technical issues. Lawrence retired from TransCanada Pipeline where he was an area manager.
An area in TransCanada is much like a town. It has roads, utilities, camps and a wide variety of facilities. Lawrence had a large crew and budget which was tightly scrutinized.
Councillor Giffin represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Executive Committee (In-House)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Land Use and Planning (Alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Land Use Planning Growth Plan/Transportation/GIS
- Edmonton Salutes Committee
- Enbridge Northern Gateway Community Advisory Board
- Morinville & District Chamber of Commerce
- Traffic Advisory Committee
- Bylaw & Policy Review Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Roseridge Waste Management (Alternate)
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee
- Capital Region Waste Minimization Advisory Committee