At the age of 44, Nicole is proud to say she’s still going strong. Since first moving to the community when she was 8, she is very fortunate to call Morinville home for over 36 years. Nicole is honoured to serve as a Town Councillor since first being elected to the job in 2010.
Nicole has two children, Dylan (20) and Emily (18), both having attended school in Morinville from Tiny Tots to Grade 12, and have gone on to continue their education at NAIT and MacEwan University respectively. Her husband Greg is nearing his 20th year of teaching at Morinville Community High School.
Although being on Council demands a huge time commitment, Nicole is very fortunate as she works from home as an Account Manager/Consultant for Jostens Canada. Her position with the company allows her the flexibility she needs to be fully committed to her position on Council and to attend meetings held during regular business hours, on top of the meetings held in the evenings. Nicole is very thankful for this, as she can honestly say that being on Council has been the best job she has ever had, and make no mistake - it's a job!
On top of juggling a family, a full time job and being a Councillor, Nicole also enjoys gardening, camping, hiking and playing with her neighbourhood team (Cul de Sac Crew) in a local slow pitch league.
Nicole encourages you to contact her anytime, as her door is always open.
Nicole is active on social media:
Facebook page www.facebook.com/nicole.boutestein.
Deputy Mayor Boutestein represents the Town of Morinville on these Boards and Committees:
- Agricultural Pest Act Appeal Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Capital Region Board Executive Committee
- Capital Region Board (Alternate)
- Capital Region Board – Regional Services (except Transit), Affordable Housing, Energy Corridors
- Chamber of Commerce - Morinville
- Community Services Advisory Board
- Edmonton Salutes (Alternate)
- Emergency Management
- Enbridge Northern Gateway - Community Advisory Board
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville Festival Society (Council Liaison) (Alternate)
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Sub-Committee
- Northern Lights Library System (Alternate)
- Recreation Project Steering Committee
- Sturgeon Foundation (Alternate)
- Traffic Advisory Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee