Mayor Barry Turner has served five terms on Town Council from 1995 to 2007 and again from 2013 to 2017, after a two-term break focused on raising his young family.
In 2017 Barry ran for Mayor and won by acclamation. Barry has a degree from the University of Alberta in Political Science, training and certification in project management and works for the University Hospital Foundation.
Morinville has been his home for almost 30 years, and he has raised a family of three children with his wife Selena. Barry believes in working directly with the community and making the community's goals Council's goals and puts the priority on creating value for people, realizing the community's potential and driving positive progress.
Mayor Turner represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Executive Committee (In-House)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Land Use Planning
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Growth Plan Task Force
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Regional Agriculture Master Plan Task Force
- Bylaw & Policy Review Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville Festival Society (Council Liaison)
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee