What do I do if my sewer is backed up?

Do Not:

  • Flush the toilet;
  • Run the dishwasher or laundry machine;
  • Have a shower/bath; or
  • Turn on the taps

Contact the Town of Morinville’s Public Works Department at 780-939-2590 during business hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or afterhours call the Utilities Emergency Number at 780-965-0994.

What Public Works staff will do:

  • When a call is received, a utility operator will come to the address provided and assess the problem.
  • The utility operator will first check the Town’s main sewer lines, both upstream and downstream from the address provided to them.
  • If the main is clear, our operator will instruct you to call a plumber.
  • After the plumber has come out and cleared the line, if the blockage was caused by a structural failure, a work order will be created and forwarded to the Utilities Department. A crew will set up a date and time to perform a camera inspection on your service, providing that a four inch clean out access is available in your home. You may be advised to hire a plumber to replace the clean out or perform further cleaning at your expense.