Deputy Mayor Lawrence Giffin and his wife Donna own a local business and live here in Morinville along with our family.
Lawrence was born in Saskatoon and has lived in several places from the south shore of Nova Scotia to the north coast of British Columbia. Lawrence has a broad education and experience base as an Electrician, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Instrumentation and Data Communications. His specialty has been as a systems analyst where he found solutions to a variety of process and technical issues. Lawrence retired from TransCanada Pipeline where he was an area manager.
An area in TransCanada is much like a town. It has roads, utilities, camps and a wide variety of facilities. Lawrence had a large crew and budget which was tightly scrutinized.
Councillor Giffin represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board
- Emergency Management Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Traffic Advisory Committee
- Edmonton Region Waste Advisory Committee
- Morinville & District Chamber of Commerce
- Roseridge Waste Management (Alternate)
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee