Councillor Nicole Boutestein moved to Morinville with her family 40 years ago and raised 2 children here. Dylan and Emily, whom both graduated from MCHS, and have gone on to NAIT and MacEwan University to further their education. Nicole's husband, Greg, is closing in on 25 years of teaching at Morinville Community High School.
This year Nicole celebrated her 12th year of working from home for the Yearbook Division of Jostens Canada. She provides service and leadership as an account manager/consultant to over 200 schools in Alberta, British Columbia and as far away as Nunavut.
Nicole has had the pleasure of sitting on town council for the past 7 years. In that time, she has focused on detailed budgets, regional partnerships, community programming & safety, economic development and maintaining infrastructure demands as the population grows. As well as attending and preparing for council meetings, she sits on 19 various boards and committees as such the Capital Region Board, Traffic Advisory Committee and Community Service Advisory Board.
When Nicole is not working, she likes to spend time outside gardening, camping, hiking or sitting around the fire with family and friends.
Nicole encourages you to contact her anytime, as her door is always open.
Nicole is active on social media:
Facebook page www.facebook.com/nicole.boutestein.
Councillor Boutestein represents the Town of Morinville on these Boards and Committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board (Alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Regional Agriculture Master Plan Task Force
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Task Force
- Community Services Advisory Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Edmonton Global Shareholder Group
- Morinville & District Chamber of Commerce (Alternate)
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee