Councillor Rebecca Balanko has happily called Morinville home since 2002, alongside husband Greg and three children.
Prior to running for council, Rebecca worked as Community Resources Coordinator for Sturgeon School Division.
Balanko currently serves on the board for Higher Grounds, as well the Board for the Champion Morinville Foundation.
She is an administrator of Morinville's Marvelous Moms group and Adopt a Family.
For Balanko's community volunteer commitment, she has been awarded Volunteer of the Year, by the Town of Morinville, Morinville News Mover and Shaker and recipient of 2014's International Women's Day award for youth development and empowerment.
Councillor Balanko looks forward to meeting with familiar faces and meeting many new residents of Morinville.
Councillor Balanko represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Emergency Management Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- CAO Performance Evaluation Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission (Alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board Integrated Transport & Transit Working Group (Alternate)
- Edmonton Global Shareholder Group (Alternate)
- Morinville Public Library Board (Council Representation)
- Regional Transit Services Commission Transition Team
- Sturgeon River Watershed Alliance
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee