Deputy Mayor Rebecca Balanko has happily called Morinville home since 2002, alongside husband Greg and three children.
Prior to running for council, Rebecca worked as Community Resources Coordinator for Sturgeon School Division.
Balanko currently serves on the board for Higher Grounds, as well the Board for the Champion Morinville Foundation.
She is an administrator of Morinville's Marvelous Moms group and Adopt a Family.
For Balanko's community volunteer commitment, she has been awarded Volunteer of the Year, by the Town of Morinville, Morinville News Mover and Shaker and recipient of 2014's International Women's Day award for youth development and empowerment.
Councillor Balanko looks forward to meeting with familiar faces and meeting many new residents of Morinville.
Councillor Balanko represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Executive Committee (In-House)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Regional Services/Energy Corridors/Affordable Housing
- Edmonton Global Shareholder Group (Alternate)
- Edmonton Salutes Committee (Alternate)
- Sturgeon River Watershed Alliance
- Bylaw & Policy Review Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Advisory Committee
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee
- Morinville Public Library Board (Additional Council Representation)