Councillor Stephen Dafoe has lived in Morinville with his wife Bonnie since 2006. Before running for a seat on Council, Dafoe served as a volunteer for the Morinville & District Chamber of Commerce, and the Morinville Public Library Board among others. Dafoe served as Chair of the Morinville Public Library Board for two-and-a-half years.
For his volunteerism, Dafoe was recognized as the recipient of the Town's Collaboration Award and Unsung Hero Awards
He was first elected to Council in 2013 and is now serving his second term on Council.
Stephen is active in social media and can be reached at:
https://www.facebook.com/VoteDafoe/ | www.VoteDafoe.com
Councillor Dafoe represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Executive Committee (In-House)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board (Alternate)
- Emergency Management Committee
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Task Force
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Northern Lights Library System
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Roseridge Waste Management (Chair)
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee