For Sponsorship & Donation Opportunities, please contact: Elisa Valade |
Sponsorship Account Manager, Town of Morinville | SEND US A MESSAGE.
Morinville Leisure Centre Sponsorship Committee Members: [Public] Barry Cowie, Doug Nysetvold, Joanna Otway, Lisa Piche, Maurice St. Denis, and Rene Chevalier;[Council & Administration] Mayor Barry Turner, Stephane Labonne, David Schaefer and Elisa Valade.
Morinville Leisure Centre - 3D Rendering of the Fitness Area
We're pleased to share with you a 3D visual walk-through of the fitness area that will be located on the 2nd floor of the Morinville Leisure Centre.
The space will feature modern equipment including cardio, low impact and free weights to offer the best health/fitness experience for facility users.
To better ensure safety of our users, the fitness equipment has been moved into one area, as shown in the video.
Plans are in the works for spontaneous use equipment to be available on the main floor adjacent to the running/walking track.
We have been fortunate to receive $25,000 from the New Horizons grant, which has allowed us to enhance the fitness space by purchasing three low-impact pieces of equipment. They are designed for low-impact and rehabilitation.
Stay tuned for further updates as we near the opening of the Morinville Leisure Centre!
Phase 1 of the Morinville Leisure Centre project will:
• Sustain the provision of one indoor ice in Morinville.
• Enhance wellness and physical activity opportunities by providing space for walking/running and fitness programming.
• Provide indoor multi-purpose space to meet programming needs for indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball and a variety of other programs.
• Provide an emergency reception center
Project Update (as of February 26, 2019):
- The CAO and Administration are meeting on a regular basis with Clark Builders and Stantec Architecture.
- Rink boards & fixed seating is installed
- Fieldhouse dasher boards to be installed early March with flooring to follow
- Locker rooms are all complete
- Ice plant is complete with commissioning taking place late March and ice installed in April
- Millwork, finishing of drywall, electrical, data cabling and sound system installation work ongoing
- Fitness equipment, office/building furniture and play space furnishing to be completed late April
- Project is estimated to be 83% complete based on the overall construction schedule and billing progress to date
- May 2019 Opening
- The project is on time and on budget
At the June 27, 2017 Regular Meeting of Council, one motion was moved:
- That Council approve modifying the scope of the regional recreation centre project to include a field house with a total cost of $24.3 million.
At the June 20, 2017 Special Meeting of Council, four motions were moved:
- That Council direct Administration to add to the June 27, 2017 Regular Meeting of Council a discussion on expanding the scope of the regional recreation centre project to include a field house with funding options and details.
- That Council present information to Sturgeon County on expanding scope of regional recreation centre project to include a field house with funding options and details at their June 27, 2017 meeting for consideration and discussion before the IAC meeting.
- That Council direct Administration to add funding request to the July 4 IAC meeting agenda.
- That Council direct Administration to add disbanding the IAC Sub-committee to the July 4 IAC meeting agenda.