The Town of Morinville is seeking Summer Camp Leaders to assist with implementation and instructing of various Community Services programs and special events offered throughout the community. Our programs will include a variety of activities including recreation, arts/culture, sports and skill development.
- Assist with the implementation of summer community programs and services including arts, culture, sports development, etc.) for children, aged 6-12 years old.
- Assist with the implementation of field trips that are age appropriate to the programs.
- Provide supervision to children/youth volunteers attending the summer community programs.
- Assist with staff training, mentoring, supervision and evaluation.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe, clean environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standard.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide weekly reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Other related duties as required.
- Attending high school or post-secondary education in recreation, education or relate field.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
- Knowledge in knowledge in arts, culture, sport development & other programming areas is an asset.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Driver's License with access to a vehicle is an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector is a condition of employment.
$17.00 -$19.00per hour. The term of these summer positions will be approximately June 24, 2019 through August 31, 2019. Regular hours of work will be based on a 35 hour work week.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, February 22, 2019
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit resumes quoting "Summer Camp Leader" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.