The Town of Morinville is seeking a Summer Youth Centre Leader to promote the personal, educational, physical and social development of the youth in our community. By building trust and encouraging open communication the Summer Youth Centre Leader will create an environment of supportive encouragement, realistic expectations and empathy.
This position will work as an integral part of the Community Services team, report to the FCSS Coordinator, and oversee the staff and operations of the Youth Centre. The Summer Youth Centre Leader will play an instrumental role in developing and implementing key parts of Morinville's Youth Strategy.
- Plan and implement programming and monitoring program budgets;
- Build relationships with youth in the community;
- Work with Communications team to develop, promote, and market youth events with various promotional means (i.e. social media);
- Work with the community to identify and address gaps in service provision for youth;
- Provide a safe, caring and supportive environment for youth of all ages.
- Further develop the Youth Leadership Program
- Work with local organizations to promote youth involvement and volunteerism
- Post‐secondary education in a Human Services program (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered);
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the youth development field;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Training;
- Suicide Prevention Certification (preferred);
- The successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check, Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check.
$18.00-$20.00 per hour. The term of this summer position will be approximately June 24, 2019 through August 31, 2019. Regular hours of work will be based on a 25 hour work week.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, February 22, 2019
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit resumes quoting "Summer Youth Centre Leader" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.