The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a full-time Facilities Operator I to join the Community & Protective Services Division.
Reporting to the Facilities Foreman, the Facilities Operator I shall be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Community Recreation Facility.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level;
- Operate facility/custodial equipment (Floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.);
- Minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.;
- Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies;
- Assist with facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events;
- Provide facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures and regulations;
- Open and close the facility as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the facility);
- Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances;
- Perform preventative maintenance as required;
- Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.;
- Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator's License.
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers;
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Custodial and/or facility maintenance experience is an asset;
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing);
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector is a condition of employment.
This position is included within the scope of the Town's unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) working a 40 hour work week (scheduled shifts), including evenings and weekends with a starting wage rate of $22.72 per hour (2019 Wage Grid). We offer a comprehensive benefits package including pension, workplace development and great opportunities for employees to become involved in the community.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, March 1, 2019.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resume and cover letter quoting "FT -Facilities Operator I" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.