Town of Morinville is currently seeking service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facilities Operator II positions with the Community & Protective Services Division.
Reporting to the Facilities Foreman, the Facilities Operator II shall be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Community Recreation Facility.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Operate municipal equipment, such as Zamboni, snow blower/sweeper, lift, hand tools and sundry equipment, and perform assigned work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities on Town owned facilities.
- Will be required to work in the new Morinville Community Recreation Facility.
- Perform daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Foreman.
- Assist patrons in use of equipment that is approved for use, and assisting guests/clients of the facilities with any questions or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- May be assigned other duties within the Community & Protective Services Division.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- First Aid/CPR and WHMIS certification (or ability to obtain);
- Related experience in operation of equipment in facility maintenance.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) with a starting wage rate of $25.51 per hour (2019 Wage Grid). Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis, including evenings , weekends and holidays.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, March 01, 2019
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resumes quoting "Casual Facilities Operator II" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.