The Town of Morinville is recruiting for the following employment opportunities in the Transportation Department of the Public Works Division . Seasonal Workers - Public Works Roads - 4 Positions
These positions will report to the Public Works Foreman.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Primary responsibilities will be to assist the Public Works Staff with general maintenance and operation of the Town of Morinville roads;
- General duties include but are not limited to road line painting, crack sealing and other general physical labour duties.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 Driver's License with a Driver's Abstract;
- Grade 11 (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks including heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing (work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements);
- Dedication to excellence in customer service (internal and external);
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with supervisors, coworkers and the public;
- Knowledge and previous experience related to municipal maintenance operations considered an asset;
- The successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
These positions are included within the scope of the Town's unionized setting (CUPE 2426) with a starting wage rate of $19.13 per hour; based on a 40 hour work week. Start and end dates to be determined
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, February 21, 2019
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resumes quoting "Seasonal Worker - PW Roads" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.