The Town of Morinville is currently seeking two (2) seasonal Parks Operator I to join the Team. Reporting to the Public Works Foreman, the Operator, shall operate municipal motorized light and heavy-duty equipment and perform related manual labour in assigned seasonal maintenance activities related to Parks operations.
These positions will report to the Public Works Foreman.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Operate municipal equipment such as ride on mowers, hand tools and sundry equipment and perform assigned work in a safe and responsible manner;
- Perform daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures;
- Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Foreman;
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures in the performance of assigned all-season maintenance activities on Town infrastructure such as: tree services, arena operations, turf management, landscaping, trail system, refuse collection, sports fields maintenance and snow removal;
- Follow proper safety procedures and participate in safety activities such as hazard assessments, worksite inspections, safety meetings and incident investigations;
- May be required to work various shifts including evenings and weekends and participate in a rotating on call schedule;
- May be assigned other duties within the Public Works Department by the Operations Manager.
- A minimum of grade 12 education or equivalent;
- A valid Class 3 Alberta Operator's License with Air Brakes (Q) Endorsement;
- First Aid/CPR certification;
- Related experience in operation of equipment in support of Parks operations.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract prior to commencement of employment.
These positions are included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE 2426) with a wage rate starting at $25.51 per hour and is based on a 40 hour work week. Start and end dates to be determined.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, February 21, 2019
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resumes quoting "Parks OP I - Seasonal" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.