- Place your waste cart, organics cart and blue bag recycling out for collection by 7:00 am
- All garbage must be placed in disposable bags or boxes before placing it inside your household waste cart.
- All waste must be contained within the waste cart with the lid closed completely.
- Organics and yard waste can be put directly into the organics cart.
- Your houselhold waste & organics collection is a fully automated system. The service provider will not get out of the vehicles to collect any items left outside of the waste or organics cart.
- Utilize the blue bag recycling program to reduce the amount of garbage you generate.
- Ensure the waste cart lid is fully closed, this helps prevent weather conditions or animals such as birds or dogs from spilling materials onto the street.
- Place the cart facing forward into the centre of the street, as indicated by the arrows on the lid of the cart.
- Check that the container is a minimum of one (1) meter distance from all obstacles such as fences, cars, etc. Generally, an arms length is a good distance marker.
- Only Plastic #1 and #2 are accepted in blue bag recycling. Check for a triangular symbol with a number within it to find out which stream it should be disposed in.
Additional Cart Requests
A resident may request the delivery of an additional waste cart or organics cart. The cart must be kept for one year from the date of order, and an additional fee will be added to your monthly utility bill. Please contact Public Works for more information at 780-939-2590.
Too Much Waste for the Cart(s)?
Any yard waste that does not fit into the organics cart may be brought to Roseridge using your Landfill Permit; additional bags or containers of yard waste will not be collected curbside.